Sarpy County Historical Museum
Bellevue, Nebraska
2402 Clay St, Bellevue, NE 68005-3932


Information >>

Welcome to Sarpy County Historical Museum

The museum features Native American artifacts, furnished period rooms, historical documents, and photographs relating to Sarpy County.

The Sarpy County Museum, whose current location is 2402 Clay Street in Bellevue, was originally established in the log cabin in Bellevue.  The museum chronicles Sarpy County’s journey from a far-flung trading post that was established in current day Bellevue, Nebraska in the 1820’s to a bustling urban/rural community of some 120,000 people today. 

Exhibits and period rooms depict the lifestyles of the 19th and 20th centuries and official records help with genealogy.  Among the newest exhibits is a large-scale model of historic Fort Crook/Offutt Field. 

An 1869 Omaha and Southern Railroad Depot is on the property and other historical buildings that are also available for tours include:  the oldest church in Nebraska, the Old Presbyterian Church built in 1856, still used for weddings, features old stained glass windows and 1800’s oak pews; the Log Cabin built in the 1830’s, where the first twins born in Nebraska Territory were born in the cabin in 1856 and only three families occupied it from 1856-1950; the Fontenelle Bank, Nebraska’s first bank and oldest commercial public building in the State has the original walk-in vault, an 1870 Accountant’s Desk and more.  The museum is open year round excluding the holidays of Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Regular business hours are Tuesday through Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.  Closed Mondays.